$32 - '165 ecu file ?(LT1/LS1 twist)

Speartech speartec at iquest.net
Fri Nov 24 13:10:02 GMT 2000

Although I can't comment on the $32 specific cal, I did do a comparison on
the LT1 SD ($DA) export vs. federal. When I compared the export cal
(BAWS/6600) to the fed, the only differences were in the closed loop enable
temperature (set to FF), and in the MALF codes (13, 44, 45, 55, 63, 64, 65)
being turned off.   All of the fuel and spark tables were the same as the
fed cal that I was comparing to. Very simple and uncomplicated. In fact,
with the CL enable temp at FF, I'm not sure you even need to mess with the
MALF flags, but they did.

On the LS1 export (NM8), luckily they did NOT set the CL enable temp to FF,
because when I set the street rods up with this cal, I am able to leave off
the cats and post O2 sensors, (as well as other emissions stuff), and the
engine still goes closed loop with the right and left fuel trims fully
functional.  I really appreciate GM doing it that way, as it allows a great
street machine / street rod setup without having any ability to edit and
modify the calibration!  :) :) :)

	John