$32 - '165 ecu file ?(LT1/LS1 twist)

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Nov 24 15:05:33 GMT 2000

When doing Prog. 101, there were a few times where if you did anything less
then the temp, and code flags there was an odd quirck to some of the cals.
With 4 guys trying the same thing 1 might have an ocassional hiccup, so I/we
took a more blanket approach shutting everything down.
Other then for a run around the block if I'm disabling anything then I try
and do it in several places, ie EGR enable temp high, %TPS set high, flags
disabled, and tables 0'd.
Bruce

> Although I can't comment on the $32 specific cal, I did do a comparison on
> the LT1 SD ($DA) export vs. federal. When I compared the export cal
> (BAWS/6600) to the fed, the only differences were in the closed loop
enable
> temperature (set to FF), and in the MALF codes (13, 44, 45, 55, 63, 64,
65)
> being turned off.   All of the fuel and spark tables were the same as the
> fed cal that I was comparing to. Very simple and uncomplicated. In fact,
> with the CL enable temp at FF, I'm not sure you even need to mess with the
> MALF flags, but they did.
>
> On the LS1 export (NM8), luckily they did NOT set the CL enable temp to
FF,