1994 Truck ECM ??

Speartech speartec at iquest.net
Mon Nov 27 14:42:42 GMT 2000

The CPI 4.3L came out in 1992. This setup uses a single TBI injector with 6
nylon tubes running down to each intake port with a poppet valve on the end
of each tube. Kind of a neat looking intake with an ECM controlled tuning
valve in the middle to vary the runner length at different rpms/loads. IMO
it is a huge improvement over the regular TBI 4.3! I've never been a poppet
valve fan, but the setup does run well and looks neat. I think there are
about 3 different ECM/PCM combos that have run these over the years. In 92
the CPI was used with the 700R4 trans so that's one ECM. In 93 I think it
was mated to the 4L60E so that was another PCM, and in 95 they switched from
the HEI to the HVS distributor, and that was the first CPI with the flash
PCM. In 96 they switched to the SCPI with 6 injectors / 6 tubes& poppet
valves on the ugly plastic upper intake manifold.

I've wired several of the CPI engines as test engines for the auto industry,
so I know my way around that PROM pretty well :)

        John