Ecm role expanding?

JTesta1966 at aol.com JTesta1966 at aol.com
Mon Nov 27 19:12:30 GMT 2000

In a message dated 11/27/00 2:09:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
nacelp at bright.net writes:

<< You mean you haven't seen the rain dropplet sensing technology for
 Windsheild wipers?
 then in the great north they have to by law run with the head lights on when
 the wipers are on.  So now, there are even fewer distractions for cell
 phoners. >>

Yup..caddy's BCM's done this since the early 80's, my park ave is controlled
by the BCM, the late model caddy's have a water sensor on the sunroof, or
windshireld as Bruce said and turns the lights/wipers on automatically.

Nice to diagnose problems with such a simple system huh?

What scares me is this drive by wire deal thats in the new cars. Suppose the
ECM in a corvette is having a bad day and goes WOT on its own...nice huh? I
know the default, or failsafe id idle, but you never know...

Jim  (FA) Testa                                             TType86 on
#BuickGN
ASE Master Technician                                buick.fiendish.net:6667
L1 Advanced Engine Performance                    NJ Lic MV Inspector
jtesta1966 at aol.com                           NJ Lic Emission Repair Tech
http://members.aol.com/jtesta1966/buick.htm
Associate Sponsor, Buicks at Bristol (RCA/JTP)