Ecm role expanding?

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Tue Nov 28 00:35:11 GMT 2000

Something like the DRL story... GM introduces Daytime Running Lights
in the US.  People are forgetting to turn on the headlights at night,
since the DRL's are illuminated.  Very soon, GM releases "smart" DRL
systems, which sense ambient light and turn on the park lights when
it's dark.  Ok, makes sense, because you might forget to turn on your
headlights at night if the DRL's are bright enough.  But they designed
the system to leave the dash lights off as a reminder that you need to
turn on the (already automatically on) headlights because it's dark.
Shannen

<snip>