Ecm role expanding?

Kevin R KEReyn at gte.net
Tue Nov 28 06:09:03 GMT 2000

It's a shame to see some of these platforms go, but as you stated they've
been priced out of the hands of their target market. Back in the 60's there
where Muscle cars and family cars, in the 70's and early 80's even though
180hp 5.7's wasn't much, it was a " performance car". Unfortunately(well
fortunately I guess), in the late 80s and thru the 90's technology has given
us 14 second economy cars, 13 second luxury cars and 12 second sports cars,
so there's no longer a large enough market to support these cars. They used
to be mid priced cars for people who couldn't afford Corvettes etc but where
interested in performance. Unfortunately for them they are no longer mid
priced and don't offer the substantial difference in performance over most
4dr sedans that they used to. I hate to see them go, but it's my own fault,
I haven't been able to justify the price of a Mustang, F-body etc in years
and thus buy new cars for everyday use (Maxima, Cherokee) and lust over
older cars rather than new. Would love to build a 4-speed auto, fuel
injected hemi 'cuda or 6 speed 420 small block with SPI.

Kevin R