7747 related questions

rrauscher at nni.com rrauscher at nni.com
Tue Nov 28 13:05:42 GMT 2000

>Ross Myers wrote:
>>
>> 1 - On the wiring schematic there is shown a "Fuel Module" for the 7.4L and

>> 5.7L models.
>> It connects to B2,
>
>Well, pin B2 is where the ECM measures the "12V" voltage being sent to
>the fuel pump.  I don't know if the '747 checks this or not - but in
>general an ECM could use this input to detect problems with the fuel
>pump relay.

The fuel pump voltage input is read by the ECM. Some bin's
do an diag check on it, others don't. Depends on whether
the diag mask bit is set.

Here's the interesting part: The fuel pump voltage is used for
two functions. The first is for injector voltage compensation.
The other is to bump up the idle on a dropping voltage. Yep,
and I would have thought they would have used the BatV input
for this stuff.

BobR.