GTech as a testing device

Rex Weatherford rexweatherford at home.com
Mon Oct 2 14:56:52 GMT 2000

> I haven't tried it, but you might check out StreetDyno.
>
> http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/5837/StreetDyno.html
>
> later,
> Gerald Pelnar
> wd0fyf at mpks.net
> http://www.mpks.net/homepage/wd0fyf/
> McPherson, KS

I've used it and found it to be another useful tool.  It isn't as precise as
a good inertial dyno because it has more mass to move (the car).  The HP and
TQ curves on my car are similar with SD just with slight variations in the
details and RPM peaks (very slight).  I use it as a tool to check between
modifications, not as an absolute HP rating.  (Hope that doesn't sound
misleading)  However when I used the dynojet results to fine tune the SD HP
and TQ numbers (with weight and no drivetrain loss) the numbers are very
consistent with each other.

I definitely think it is worth a try.  Some cars are easier to get signals
off then others.  My Quad4 has no plug wires or coil wire.  I use a direct
signal on the dash that controls the tach in the dash.  The signal comes
from the ECM....

Works GREAT and the signal is strong and clean.  I use a camcorder to record
the audio.  I could share a lot of my runs if anyone is interested.

Rex
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4/5-speed  14.8 at 92 MPH
http://www.beretta.net