SHORT, and related to EFI ( was Re: PCV valve for TPI)

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Oct 4 16:54:03 GMT 2000

This is after 3 days of thought,
You were just waist deep, till you wrote this reply, your up to your eyes
now, IMO.
Lets just use your Woods idea.

  You sell something, and then can't support it, and then send the guy over
to me knowing that I try to help about everyone I can with EFI problems...
  Now, for $5000 that wouldn't be a problem with me, just I don't charge for
what I do.  So I'm your tech support for free while you make money off of my
sweat?.
  You honestly think I have **NO** investment in this?.

  You haven't a clue of any sort, what it takes to learn EFI, to even infer
that your an expert.
  I know a couple experts in various areas of EFI,  but noone that can make
the claim in an over all manner.   This list has some tuners, software,
hardware, and EE experts, but just a handfull of each.

  Did you miss the part about Do It Yourself?.
  There are a couple professionals here, and by in large they set up from
time to time and share some stuff.  There are some that lurk, and support
the list with off list comments to some contributors.   So that the hobby
does move forward.

   But, in none of this have I seen anyone go off, and label themselves as
experts, and use the list for tech support.
   The reason for this public letter is that it relates to past problems
along these same lines, and will hopefully min. reoccurances.
Bruce
    All 7 votes were unanimous with Shannen

> << Okay, I admit I haven't read every one of your posts, and every
response.
>   I'm clearly not as helpful to "the new kids" as Shannen & BP are..
>  I'm probably just hardened by profiteers posing as newbies
>      "working on nothing more than a personal project".
>  QUESTION:
>  Did you clearly state in your intro, the nature of your business?
>
>                          Yes [ ]              No [ ]
>
>   I can honestly say, I don't know the answer to that (I delete alot of
>  stuff without reading it), but I assume you do.
>  OR
>  did you appear to be a "green-horn" looking
>  for help from the ever generous few that never get burned out? >>
>
> Well, I went back and found my first post here which was on 8/1/00 or
> thereabouts. The date on my website is 8/20/00, so I think I decided to
try
> and make money selling TPI setups after I heard from the experts here that
> the professional chip tuners (TPIS, Hypertech, etc.) were not that
> professional. I first installed a MAP TPI on my truck and a MAP TBI on my
> Wagoneer before I ever offered the "kits" for sale. I realized how great
it
> made my truck run and so I decided to help others get GM fuel injection on
> their vehicles. Most people that ask me about my skills know nothing about
GM
> fuel injection and don't really want to other than to know that I am
capable
> of doing what I say I can do. Anyone who asks a question that tells me
they
> know more than the average person, I refer to this site or I tell them to
> look into Accel DFI. Many people don't mind paying a fee to get good
service
> and as long as I am comfortable selling a service, I see no problem with
it.
> If someone were to ask me how to get there ETs from 13.1 to 12.1, I would
say
> I can't help you, but I would tell them to ask here or maybe contact
someone
> here off list.
>
> As for me being an expert in fuel injection, I will use a Tiger Woods
> analogy. If Tiger Woods asked me for help, I would tell him to call Butch
> Harmon. Of course Butch charges $5000 an hour. If a man at the driving
range
> asks me how to grip the club, I would help him with no problem. If a man
at
> the range sees how far I hit the ball and says, I will pay you to teach me
> everything you know about golf, I will say ok, it will take 10 lessons at
$50
> an hour. After that, you will have to learn the finer points on your own
by
> practicing. I consider my questions here as gripping the club type stuff.
If