EGR Q's (was: Fuel Econ and Hiway Mode)

Dan Townsend xybertron at cox-internet.com
Wed Oct 11 03:40:55 GMT 2000

> > Can I ask why?  I know your probably going to say cause the MAF setup
> sucks
> > after 255 gm/s but are there any other reasons?
>
> If running out of tuning resolution is of no concern then these won't
matter
> either.
> Listen more to the MAF guys, there are still unanswered guestions, about
how
> the scalers work.
> MAPs are just much easier to calibrate, IMHO
> Try working on the over run conditons with a MAF vs MAF
> 8D mask is that much newer, more refined, and hac'd

I didn't mean to sound like that wasn't a concern I just wanted to see what
other downfalls the MAF setup has.  Did you mean MAF vs MAP?

> > For more info on this subject check out
> http://www.cis.udel.edu/~davis/z28/
> > It's a great site.
>
> Hate to tell ya, but I probably played a part with Mike even doing that.

Bruce,  I was posting the link for the original poster to check out the
website :-)

> Sounds like you've made up your mind and are proceeding in that vein,
> There's a 8D 730 .ecu already, as I recall
> Bruce

Mike has an updated 730 ecu on his website.  I've not made up my mind I just
want to see what I can do with MAF before I switch to MAP which will
probably be when I do heads/cam or this MAF sensor breaks.