FW: Help- Idle is driving me NUTS!

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Wed Oct 11 23:20:47 GMT 2000

Reid,

To troubleshoot without some data is tough. I'll list some
things that may help. All of the locations will be for the
'747 ecm. To disable the egr, set location 1B3h to 0. Do
not count of zero'ing out other tables.

The desired idle rpm table is at 60Eh through 616h inclusive.
This is by coolant temp, 611h & 612h is for 85C & 95C
coolant. Value is rpm / 12.5.

Due to the cam, it might help to bump up the idle 100 rpm
or so. Opening the throttle blades at idle can improve things
also. Just watch the IAC count isn't zero.

You might want to set your idle SA at 18 to 20 degrees
at the crank. I've found some engines like a lot of idle
timing.

To richen the closed loop idle, the idle O2 bias is at: 2F7. This
value will raise the O2 x-point window. Val * 4.34 == mvolts
of O2 threshold. (IE: 25 will raise the idle O2 thresholds by
109mvolt).

If you wish to stay open loop, the open loop idle on rpm is
at: 2A1h, off rpm at: 2A0h. These are by rpm / 25.

What is your open loop O2 idle voltage? Does it seem as
though the IAC can't keep up with the idle?  Is the '747 bin you
as using the original for that engine?

It is normal for the '747 to not go closed loop until the vehicle
is moving. I've seen this myself. Do all of your current tuning
with a warmed-up engine. Once that works, you can move
on to the cold tuning.

BobR.