Newbie help

Andrew McRory amacc at iron-bridge.net
Tue Oct 17 01:52:47 GMT 2000

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Bruce Plecan wrote:

> TBI to single plane adapter is another option.
> Personally, the TBI sounds really good for your application.
> Real good.

ok I'm listening! But how do I get all the lovely tubes of the TPI?! jus
kiddin

> > So now the reasone for my plea for help! From what I've seen so far there
> > is a myriad of ECM/PCM to choose from not to mention MAF/MAP systems 8 and
> > 9 injector systems. The junk yard I'm fond of doesn't have any of the
> > popular number ECU I've seen (747, 165, 730). Will any ECU have the
> > necesary functionality with a reprogram?. Am I making this too
> > complicated?
>
> Stick to those three, unless you want to start reverse engineering an ecm.
> If TBI then just get to know the 747.
>
> > On top of all this I'm kinda impatient.. errr, so I want all the answers
> > now *:o)
>
> Hahahahaha,
> be prepared for lots of frustration then.
> This is something that won't happen instantly.
> Information is the key here, and unless you have total recall and a
> photographic memory this will take time to learn, and UNDERSTAND

yeah, I'm at Jan 97 of the archives and wow can I see your point. I've
been scanning for information on 85 vs. 86-89 vs. 90+ TBI systems and in
just 1 hour have decided that maybe the TPI can wait until I digest MAP
vs. MAF (so I can make a more qualified judgement)...

So on the topic of TBI, do you have a suggestion as to the better throttle
body or donor vehicle to look for?

Thanks!!

Andrew McRory - President/CTO        amacc at iron-bridge.net *****************
The PC Doctor, Inc.                  www.pcdr.com            850-575-7213 **
Iron Bridge Communications, Inc.     www.iron-bridge.net     850-575-0779 **
Contributed RPMS for RedHat and Caldera   ftp://ftp.iron-bridge.net/pub   **