Am I going the wrong direction ?

NRG euro at lvcm.com
Thu Oct 26 16:52:54 GMT 2000

Would this be the right direction to start tuning with a modified engine ? I
read the 101 Tunings Tips and evereything else, but it seems so hard that I
have no idea where to start and what to do. That's why I'm gonna play with
stuff first to see what works and what doesnt then go from there. Here's
what I Have for mods....

"Ported and polished heads, ported stock TPI base, ported plenum, Comp Cams
XR270HR-10 cam (lift .495/.502 duration 218/224 lobe separation 110),
Edelbrock TES headers, LT4 valve springs, Crane AFPR, Flowmaster catback,
MSD coil & wires"

Would richening the VE tables lead me in the right direction ? How about
more timing ? Thanx for any tips you might have for me.

>    This is Bass Ackwards. Think, like running too fat , Decrease VE in
target
>    Cells= enlean . Increase VE in target cells to enrich AFR.
>    This statement assumes that Injectors are properly sized for Engine
> breathing
>    requirement. Always make 1 change at a time, otherwise you'll not know
which
>    change helped or hurt .
>    Len
>
> >Hey guys. I'm trying to do a .bin to work with my setup so far. What I've
> >done to start with is lower the values in the VE tables for the 90-100
Kpa