Am I going the wrong direction ?

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Oct 28 03:55:59 GMT 2000

> Would this be the right direction to start tuning with a modified engine ?
> read the 101 Tunings Tips and evereything else, but it seems so hard that
> have no idea where to start and what to do. That's why I'm gonna play with
> stuff first to see what works and what doesnt then go from there. Here's
> what I Have for mods....

There is no univeral do *this* for a perfect chip.  You'll have to remove
fuel in spots add it in others and remove advance and add it in other areas.
Remember do what the engine tells you it wants, don't assume more cam means
the need for more spark and timing

Do you have a scan tool?.
Have you looked at the tables for spark, and fuel?
First off you 'll have less vac at idle so you'll probably have to move to a
higher then oem MAP area to lean out to get a decent idle

Just a FWIW

10  20  30  40  50  60  70  80  90  100  K/Pa axis

 20  20  20 25  30  35  40  45  50   60   Oem VE numbers  (at idle)

20  20   20  20  24  26  30  42  47  55   with a little bigger cam

oem would be for a map value at idle of about 40 K/Pa
big cam would be for like 55 K/Pa idle

> "Ported and polished heads, ported stock TPI base, ported plenum, Comp
Cams
> XR270HR-10 cam (lift .495/.502 duration 218/224 lobe separation 110),
> Edelbrock TES headers, LT4 valve springs, Crane AFPR, Flowmaster catback,
> MSD coil & wires"
>
> Would richening the VE tables lead me in the right direction ? How about
> more timing ? Thanx for any tips you might have for me.
>

> >    This is Bass Ackwards. Think, like running too fat , Decrease VE in
> target
> >    Cells= enlean . Increase VE in target cells to enrich AFR.
> >    This statement assumes that Injectors are properly sized for Engine
> > breathing
> >    requirement. Always make 1 change at a time, otherwise you'll not
know
> which
> >    change helped or hurt .
> >    Len
> >
> > >Hey guys. I'm trying to do a .bin to work with my setup so far. What
I've

majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org

majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org