Dumb ALDL Question No. 432

Dave Zug. dzug at delanet.com
Thu Sep 7 19:54:13 GMT 2000

Take an old hard drive , power ir up and connect a data pin to the ALDL
port. Use a timer to index the platter and record your a$$ off.

Just kidding, not so simple I guess, specially to retrieve it. I bet I get
some brains stirring though ;-)

Q and D: Gcar and a cheap laptop. I'm not sure if its in the archives. There
are newer ones that there were recent threads on, you'll need a cable,
backtrack the recent posts (3 wks).

oops - 160 baud... YES I think I remember Gcar did that?!

As for the "auto-tuner" it has been thunked up of coarse, but I've not seen
one except a silly attempt I made and did not claim to have tried.

so many ideas.. so little practical skill   ;-)