Dumb ALDL Question No. 432

Andrew Mattei amattei at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 7 20:38:13 GMT 2000

"Dave Zug." wrote:

> oops - 160 baud... YES I think I remember Gcar did that?!

Nope, AFAIK GCAR does 8192 only. You can get NewGCAR (fixed a bug,
renamed it ;) ) from my site at
http://www.mindspring.com/~amattei/aldl.htm - no, I didn't write it, I
got it from Peter Fenske, and then a friend of mine found and fixed the
bug.

(and then Mike wrote):

http://www.techedge.com.au/vehicle/aldl/160/aldl_sw.htm

>this is direct to the page, you may want to back up on it a few directories
>and read the whole thing.

I've been having trouble getting Peter G's 160 baud circuit/software to
work. I've got a 1227165 on my bench, it talks 8192 just fine (using
Craig Moates' ECMv165 software), but when I disable the 10k resistor, I
can't get Peter G's program to work. I'm using the MAX232 circuit
bringing it through the handshake line on the RS232 port, just like in
Peter's drawing.

Anyone other than Peter G ever have any success with this circuit? ;)
Man, I need to get an o-scope something bad... Anyone have a decent one
for sale cheap?

-Andrew