DIS vs Dist. -- was Re: Beretta PROM use...

Peter Gargano peter at techedge.com.au
Sun Sep 10 18:51:03 GMT 2000

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> Only thing I like is one less airgap, .. <snip>

This is what I don't understand ..

1. A DIS has two air gaps; one for each spark plug.

2. A Distributor also has two air gaps; one for the
  active spark plug, and one in the distributor.

Seems to me the DIS is the better option mainly because
it has the inherently more accurate crankshaft generated
reference signal(s).

Thoughts?  Peter.