68 Pontiac Firebird Downunder

Daniel Collins bossute at one.net.au
Fri Sep 15 11:27:02 GMT 2000

Just finished running my 69 Firebird (400 Pontiac motor) on the dyno after
converting it to efi using a 1227808 ecu , custom throttle body and fuel
rails mounted on a Edelbrock  manifold.
With help from some of the good people out there I have rewritten my $5D
calibration to achieve an almost optimal calibration (it helps having access
to a dyno) boosted power from 220 rw HP to 280 rw HP with the 60 HP increase
coming on from approx.. 2000rpm all the way to the redline. Drives
phenomenal
with good mileage (relatively compared to the 700 holley it replaced).I
expected to gain Hp at the top end but it was a real bonus to get more HP
(or should that be torque) everywhere , every car should be efi!!!!

Now that that project is completed (are they ever really finished ) its time
to move on to my wifes VS Holden Commodore V6, this car runs a pcm #16176424
they seem to run a $51 program does anyone have some of the table locations
or a pointer on how to disassemble to find the table locations ?

How is it normally done , I would like to learn how the system is programmed
but I still seem to be hitting my head against a brick wall .if it wasn't
for the help of the good people out there I would never have got my Ponty
going as well as it is because I am sure none of the so called chip tuners
would have spent the hours on the dyno that I did to find out what the
engine wanted and to get the VE's as close as I have (only changing between
126 -130).

I have some pics of the Ponty installation and dyno sheet if anyone is
interested.

Thanks in advance
Daniel Collins
Western Australia