EDI Distributor

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Thu Sep 21 01:25:19 GMT 2000

Matt,
The rotor is attached to the shaft with 2 screws, yes?  If this
distributor is like the 8cyl Vortec distributor, it will have a roll
pin to keep the gear attached to the shaft.  The roll pin is usually
pretty tight.

The 8cyl distributor has a stamped steel shutter wheel which is
lightly pressed onto the distributor shaft.  The shaft is D shaped to
keep the shutter wheel in place.  It looks like this is where your
problem might be.  The rotor's attached to the shutter wheel.  Remove
it and look to see if there's any sign of the shutter wheel spinning
on the shaft.

Shannen