Part Throttle tuning for MAF (was MAF tables have a max of 255)

timsiford at hushmail.com timsiford at hushmail.com
Tue Sep 26 23:10:47 GMT 2000

Hmmm....

Is this that same Dave Zug that came to MAFB recently :-)  The world can
get even smaller.

Dave - I've been here for about 6 months.  The initial months were spent
laying low and reading as much as possible.  I started to get involved after
I did a lot of homework.

>So how many requests for chips do you get in a day? I can't imagine.
> Have fun with that one maan ;-)

Surprisingly ... very little ... and, that's how I try to keep it.  I really
enjoy helping out the thirdgen crowd.  A lot of those guys are completely
in the dark about PROMs.  Its nice to be able to help them and to encourage
them.  Its all about performance for the thirdgen crowd and we all know
how much the calibration can come into play.  I am by no means an expert
... god - don't I know it.  But, I do know my way around enough to be helpful
and to get a 730 bin buttoned up really nice :-)  So - if I can lend a helping
hand to thirdgen.org I am there.

The main reason that  I am asking questions is for my ICON brothers.  Some
of them are still running the 165 (although they have already began accumulating
what they need for the conversion to the 730) and want to fine tune the
curves to tweak it as much as possible.

BTW - you'll be happy to hear that 95% of the thirdgen guys in MAFB programs
his own PROMs.  MAFB is crazy ... I'm glad that I'm there :-)

Tim