GTech as a testing device

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Sat Sep 30 22:25:36 GMT 2000

Its against the law to go 0-110 in 12 seconds  on a public roadway, so it
gives you the advantage of only getting 8 points when you're caught going
0-60 in 3.4. (can they call it DRAG RACING if theres no one next to you?)

I am able to "fool" gtech with a couple of harsh clutch drops in the 305
car - I know someone who has a really really REALLY hard 1-2 auto shift that
drives it nutz too.

as long as you do everything the same(shifts same harshness, level grade,..)
and only make HUGE mods, you'll be able to guage the difference.

Make 2 degrees of spark change and you need to make 20 runs BEFORE and 20
runs AFTER to get a more accurate comparison. same as track I guess. Dyno
rules here IMHO.

It has its place I guess. That is my short experience with a borrowed unit.