WB vrs NB info

Brian L Massey blocklm at juno.com
Tue Aug 14 04:42:58 GMT 2001

On Fri, 14 Aug 1998 00:16:54 -0400 "Bruce" <nacelp at bright.net> writes:

> The trick is for having valid info., all the time.
> Watching some of the NB stuff vary as a function of EGT is
> interesting.
> Back pressure from one application to another can skew the readings.

OK, both of those parameters may be very important. EGT and exhaust
pressure. Instead of dismissing one or the other, I would *REALLY* like
to understand how these two very important params affect both NB and WB
sensors. Instead of saying just "these can skew readings", why don't we
try to quantify the effects? Bruce, do you have any *data* that
correlates pressure or temps with WB (or NB) readings? So it can be
useful to mention these things, instead of just dismissing someone that
brings these things up?

OTOH, I understand that if you are of the opinion that trying to quantify
these effects is not worth the trouble, then ok.

Like you said, "the trick is having valid info all the time". How else
are we going to get this "valid info" without sharing our data and
experiences? Lets give each person a chance to share their input instead
of blowing them off so abruptly. OK? Tnx.

Brian