Netres availability

rr rrauscher at nni.com
Wed Aug 22 12:08:37 GMT 2001

Wow, did I ever miss this one. I see it now. Once the
timing issues are resolved I can see two ways to resolve
the fueling issue.

The first would be to run the injector in async mode
all of the time. Ths will give up to an 80Hz injection
rate. This is a lot higher than the normal sync rate.

The second would be to use both drivers on the one
injector. On a 4cyl there is twice the time duration
between injector events than on an 8cyl. So tie the
left & right injector outputs together to fire the one
injector twice as often. This can easily be done at the
ECM connector as each injector is wired to two ECM pins.

This second method would be a problem if the injector
durations ever overlapped. Lots of current through the
lonely injector. Would depend upon engine RPM limits
and injector sizing.

I'd try the async method first.

BobR.