Turbo V8

J812MANY at aol.com J812MANY at aol.com
Sun Aug 26 22:59:50 GMT 2001

That thing should FLY!

I'd run a Chevy ECM, but all the SFI motors (LT1, LS1) use a 359 tooth crank
trigger in the opti-spark and there's no way to set it up on a First Gen
engine (I happen to have an old 327 collecting dust in my garage).

Bigger injectors, a 2 bar MAP, and reprogram the spark/fuel tables and you're
good to go. That is, until you max out the MAF ;)

With the ford system you can change the MAF sample tube and tweak the PROM to
overcome that.

Or, you could run a '93-'94 (I think) Speed Density LT1 ECM and harness and
you won't have to worry about the MAF.

MAF systems can handle mods a little better, but once you hit a point with
the airflow it freaks out.

SD systems won't compensate for mods (you have to burn new chips for each
major change).