New way to tune GM VE tables?

Zak - Andrew Wakeling zakariski at optushome.com.au
Thu Feb 1 10:52:27 GMT 2001

Hang on....

I'm not exactly sure on something?

So far, I've gathered this...
You attach a tube onto the map sensor... I got that... and you stick it
HOW far up your....?
Kidding...

Okay... I'm going to explain WHY and HOW this is quite impossible.
BUT ... I'd have to admit this is very very dodgy and AMUSING.

O2 levels, CHANGE quickly.. LIKE VERY quickly. Even logging at 10-12 a
second, you're still losing info...
A MAJOR averaging problem. PLUS... How many people are you going to need
to do this? Sounds like you're tuning a BUS or something... because
you'll probably need that many people to hold all the instruments.

Not only that, you're doing dodgy things, like trying to trick the
computer, and HOLD all the instruments, including driving the car...
PLUS, you'll have to write out fault codes, just in case they hope in,
like MAP sensors ones. PLUS.. you're talking about REAL-TIME, because
non of this is being data-logged... THUS, if you're taking about HEAVY
load, if you move the MAP in the wrong direction, then you're in serious
trouble.

I MEAN, this idea, of course, is POSSIBLE, but you would require 8 eyes,
scanning very quickly, maybe 7 arms and quite insane to boot.... I mean,
if you've got money to break engines, why not just buy a data logging
tool!?!?!

I think part of this is because you may have not used a GOOD data
logger... PLUS, what is amusing about this, is the whole idea, is SORTA
based around DATA logging neway... coz you're just doing it yourself...
but the fact is, YOU can't watch all those values, ACCURATELY, plus the
DVM can't update quick enough etc etc etc... GO AND BUY A TOOL to do it
properly. 3 things... accuracy, speed, and simultaneous values.

If you think doing things like that is good enough, I suggest you stick
to your push-bike, because then you might have a chance of tuning that
in REAL-TIME.

Sorry, but I couldn't hold back... this is totally insane.

Andrew