Running 8 low impedence injectors on GM ECM using an auxilliary injector ...

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Wed Feb 7 03:23:00 GMT 2001

Hi Jason,
it would be interesting to have a look-see
inside that Accel box.  I'm not aware of any drivers that drive more
than two low-imp injectors from the factory.
They require alot more current than the hi-imp stuff.
If you build something, make it use one peak/hold driver per injector.
No sense in saving a couple of dollars, then letting the smoke out
of the project when you least want to..
Mike V

jhaines at lingenfelter.com writes:

> Has anyone ever tried running 8 low impedance injectors with an auxiliary
>  injector driver that is triggered by a GM ECM (like a 1990 F-body ECM)?
>  Accel/DFI makes a low impedance injector driver/controller that allows EFI
>  systems for high impedance injectors to trigger low impudence injectors. We
>  have used this system on some of the Accel/DFI applications (before they
>  came out with an ECM that could control low impedance injectors directly).
>  Anyone see any problems controlling this device from a GM factory ECM?
Would