Knock Sensor Light and Alarm problems...

Rex Weatherford rexweatherford at home.com
Wed Feb 7 15:41:04 GMT 2001

I followed the directions on the GN-T-Type page on how to make the Knock
sensor alarm, but am having some problems with it..  I'm not an EE or
anything so I'm not sure what I have done wrong...

I have double checked all of my connections and everything looks ok.  Here
is what happens..  When I apply power to the unit it beeps and the light
goes off.  The test switch does nothing.  Grounding the KS wire does
nothing.

I was frustrated and wondered if I had placed the 555 timer chip in the
socket backwards, so I turned it around and tried again..  Nothing..  I
turned it back around and now when I apply power the alarm goes off
constantly...

So did I ruin the 555 timer chip and what else could I have installed
backwards that would cause my initial problems?  I'm thinking some of those
electrical pieces have to be installed with a correct voltage flow or they
block signals?  Is that right?  If so then which one might I have wrong?
Nothing made any smoke or got hot that I can tell..

Thanks!

Rex <- Almost clueless, but trying...