ecm test bench

Daniel Collins bossute at one.net.au
Thu Feb 8 12:22:33 GMT 2001

Anyone willing to share some doe's and don'ts of building a ecm test bench.
Was intending to make it multi purpose so that I can clean and test my
injectors.

I have been putting it of for ages but have recently changed the injectors
in my 400 ponty for some larger Ford motorsport injectors  - in preparation
for a increase in stoke - and now at certain rpm points at WOT I have a
misfire. I originally thought it was my prom calibration out but last week
we put the injectors into a friends car and changed the injector scaling to
suit and the problem was evident on this car also ( the programming was very
close as we were doing WOT runs on the dyno and fuel and A/F ratio were
constant throughout the runs as was the power / torque curve ( 415 hp @
wheels) .
I think the injectors are sequential and at 4500rpm some harmonic effect is
happening due to them being pulsed at a much higher rate - sort of like
valve bounce in the valve train.

Anyway I sort of wandered there  , was mainly interested in your own benches
/ ideas

Daniel
Downunder