Remote EPROM

Romans, Mark romans at starstream.net
Mon Feb 12 15:58:33 GMT 2001

I have mine zif socket on the end of a 12" ribbon cable.  The ecm is
in the stock location (87 Vet) and the ribbon cable runs over the outside
of the ecm down to where the under dash light was.  This allows me to
change the chip by leaning under the passenger side dash.
This was extremely susceptible to RFI until I wrapped the ribbon cable
in aluminum foil that is grounded to the case of the ecm.
Mark