165 $6E cold idle

Marteney, Steven J. smarteney at xlvision.com
Mon Feb 12 17:21:40 GMT 2001

Good plan, unfortunately, my Diacom interface won't talk using the special
TPI adapter, and therefore no spark or LV8 information is provided.  I
assume if the engine doesn't correct for fuel when cold it looks like a lean
condition?  (Cold air = more dense, so more air flows in for given TPS?)
But then, wouldn't the MAF see more air and give more fuel?

Guess I could just burn a test chip with many of the lower rpm/LV8 areas of
the spark table set to a constant (low) value and go from there.  Damn,
starting to sound like recommendations from Tuning Tips and Prog 101.  Maybe
there's something to those docs after all <g>

Steve