Removing A/C from a 730 vehicle

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Fri Feb 16 22:20:16 GMT 2001

Tim,

The reason that there is an A/C request & an A/C clutch, is that some masks
control the A/C clutch through the ecm. The dash switch tells the ecm that
you want A/C. And the ecm will control a relay to turn it on. And sometimes
off, like when in PE or high p/s pres.

Sometimes there is a pressure switch on the hi-pres line that will tell the ecm
to turn on the fan. If you get a fan running all the time, you may need to ground
this wire.

As far as I know, no ecm tables will need to be changed. I've yet to come across
a bin that requires changes for A/C. (of course there is always the exception).

BobR.