P4 ECM #1227748 questions

Nick McAlpin nmcalpin at quiknet.com
Sat Feb 17 11:34:47 GMT 2001

first, thanks to everyone who replied to my question, i appreciate it!
 it's amazing the stuff i've learned in the past day or three.

second, specific question - is there an .ECU file available for ECM
1227748?  I coudln't find one on the FTP site.

third, I subscribed to the alldata web site to view the TSB's for the
car, and there have been four issues fixed via 5 different PROM's
including a high idle RPM issue.  I was able to order the
appropriate updated PROM, and hopefully it fixes it.  will let the list
know in a few days when I get it.

if not, and if I can get an ECU for the 1227748, then i'll probably
invest in the hardware to reduce the # of steps the IAC is stepped
out (oh, say, cut it in half!!!).  I used EEPROM's in college only a
few years ago, I should be able to burn EPROMS now...(how's that
for overconfident!)

Finally, I will try the trick of lowering the minimum idle rpm back to
where it was and even then some.

thanks again, everyone.

nick