more on netres

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Wed Feb 21 01:22:45 GMT 2001

Jon Fedock wrote:

> I will attempt
> to "draw" this out. I don't know a better way.Ok ascii art is impossible for
> me. I just drew it out in paint(!). I'm uploading them to incoming now as
> "165netres.bmp" and "6cyl730netres.bmp."

Below is what I measured (a long time ago) for the 16044802 netres.
This is used in the 1226869 and 1227170 (MPFI) C3 ECMs.  The 1226870 and
1227302 C3's probably use a netres with the same pinout.  Because of the
internal connections, some of the values are hard to measure - but it
_is_ possible to measure them independent of the other resistors.  My
measurement of these difficult values is probably only 5% or 10% accurate.

In the ECM, pin 16 connects to 5 volts, pins 4 and 7 to GND.  Pin 12
enables the RFD chip (and can be software polled).  Pins 9 and 10
calibrate the RPM range that the ECM hardware considers "cranking".

+- Z1-16

+- 20Kohm -- Z1-15

+- 17Kohm -- Z1-14

+- 105Kohm -- Z1-13