747 newbie question

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Wed Feb 21 23:30:18 GMT 2001

Check codes by shorting pins A & B on the ALDL connector.  A and B are
the 2 pins in the top row, right end of the ALDL connector.  Turn the
key on and watch the flashes.  You'll see code 12 3 times, any other
codes 3 times each, then code 12 again.  12 looks like this:

flash <short pause> flash flash <long pause>

Code 12 can be ignored.  Other codes are similar.  The service manual
will have troubleshooting flowcharts and explanations of how the systems
work that you'll really need if you want to work on it.  It may cost $70
or so from helm but it's well worth it.  Chiltons and the like will just
frustrate you.

detonation at idle?

--steve

Brian Hourigan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a 87 k5 blazer that recently has been intermittently running
> horrible, it feels like its on 2 cylinders, has intermittent slight
> detonation (at idle), and sometimes dies at idle.
>
> I am thinking it is going into limp home mode, the check engine lamp came
> on intermittently but did not stay on.
>
> The problem seems to occur 'randomly', no relation to enviroment,
> elevation, temperature, etc.
>
> Is there a way to retreive codes via the light flashing on this computer
> or must I use a scanner?
>
> I apologize for the off topic post but any information is appreicated..
>
> I have refrenced the FAQs and any documentation that was readily
> available. Any pointers to information resources are welcome.

Steve Ravet
steve.ravet at arm.com
ARM,Inc.
www.arm.com