Blown 350 with 1227730 ECM

Shannen Durphey Shannen at grolen.com
Thu Feb 22 18:48:44 GMT 2001

ae2598 at wayne.edu wrote:

>> Well, the only difference is a restaurant is a "for-profit" organization.
> I didn't think the GMECM group was.

And what's to ensure that work done "not for my profit" will be used "not for your
profit"?

The spirit of a list works well when the members give as well as recieve.  When
list members that share find they're only helping someone else to recieve more, the
general trend of the list changes.  This is especially true when the members who
shared have invested large amounts of time in something which has turned into a
paycheck for someone else.

I'm all for sharing.  Believe me, there's folks on this list that I've given a
bunch to.  There's folks that have given me a bunch.   That would end in a hurry if
I suddenly started selling "EFI secrets" books with their info, or started selling
scanner software based on their work.

I'm not about to do 100's of hours of work for a thanks (or less) so someone else
can use it for a buck.  Nor am I going to share info which someone else has spent
hundreds of hours getting with a person who may use it to make a buck.  It's
happened
enough times on this list that it's not an exception, but a definite possibility.
It's a
shame, because the final result is that those that have, keep.

It doesn't stop me from doing something for myself, but it's not as likely to be
shared with others.
Maybe this sounds selfish, but it's the result of things that have happened on
list.

Shannen