Blown 350 with 1227730 ECM

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Feb 22 21:42:56 GMT 2001

Without putting too fine of edge on things, this is all guessing.
Doc and the guys generally have a real idea about who is doing what hac
wise, and there are some guys commenting the code, I can't say for sure that
anyone has done the whole thing.    About now it's a mute point since we're
all guessing
Bruce

From: "rr" <RRauscher at nni.com>
> I think the problem with the '749 turbo hac is that it is in demand.
Anyone
> with the knowledge of that ecm & mask can command a high dollar for
> tuning & mods to the code. Folks don't buy turbo trucks unless they
> want to go fast. And going fast means mods.
>
> It may also be an ego thing: I have it and you don't. However, not being
> someone that has it or dealt with someone that has it, I can't say what is
> really in their minds. . .
>
> I know doing a hac is a lot of work. It does get easier each time though.
>
> BobR.
>
> ae2598 at wayne.edu wrote:
>
> > I'm not part of the SyTy crowd so maybe there's just some things I don't
> > understand, but why all the secrecy surrounding the '749 hac?
> >
> > Would it be so bad for that to be out in the open?  Or is somebody
> > actually charging $$ for the source?
> >
> > On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, rr wrote:
> >

> > > Unfortunately syprom doesn't show addresses. And yes, there is a hack
around. And unless
> > > you are one of the 'in' crowd, well, your not going to see it. I've
started working on one
> > > for the turbo '749, but it is far from really usable. This EGOR thing
came up and kinda'
> > > took over. . .
> > >
> > > BobR.

sharing.  Turbo_P4_Doc.pdf  is on the FTP site.
(ftp://ftp.diy-efi.org/incoming).  While you're there you might want to pick
up a copy of   SYPROM.EXE ,  which will take a '749 bin and list
There's also a section of the site with a bunch of '749 info.  Go to the
main page and follow the links to the ECU info.