Helpful suggestion

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Sun Feb 25 13:21:00 GMT 2001

>  Some things I've found:
>
>  Workgroup Add-On 3.11 for Dos seems to be the most common hit on the search
>  engines.
>  There's some update files around.
>  No good pages explaining the set up part yet.

Yep, the box that 3.11 came in claims you can do it, but I recently switch
a friend's office from Novell 4.1 to NT4, and had some old 486 copy-tracking
and timeclock PC's that "had to be" part of the network.  There is an admin
 tool on an NT server that creates boot disks with what you would need.
There are a couple files copied to the disk, and some dos commands to
enable the card & map network drives, etc.   It looks like very plain vanilla
Windoz stuff, but with DOS command to handle stuff like workgroup
names and protocol type.    I'll get more details in the next week.
Unless someting better is posted.
Mike V