Need recommendations on tools.

Shannen Durphey Shannen at grolen.com
Thu Jan 4 02:06:02 GMT 2001

I've got an Astro inline drill which is really a die grinder with a 1/4"
chuck, bought from J.C. Whitney.  It uses a ton of air, and with a cutoff
wheel it's a dangerous tool.  But it's also very effective and it's been
used hard throughout the last 5 years.  I have an Ingersol 90 degree die
grinder sold through Sears, which has probably got 500+ hours on it.  I
used this tool along with 3 1/2" plastic bristle wheels (usually used to
remove gaskets) to strip the baked lacquer coated panels of my 57 Chevy
pickup.  Definitely a good and reliable item, no rebuild needed yet.
Cheap air ratchets are a waste of money.  If you're gonna get one, don't
mess around.  I feel the same way about impacts and air hammers.  'Course
I use mine daily.  I have been able to "beat the system" by buying used,
run down Snap-on air tools and having Snap-on rebuild them.

BTW, air tools _like_ to be oiled and lubricated regularly.
Shannen