No subject

Wes Branchflower hemi_265 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 22 07:14:03 GMT 2001

Hi everyone, below is a message thread from diy-efi..
I posted it here, because I think it is more relevant.

I'm making a port injected system for my 265cu. (4.3) hemi six.
I'm using a ford XF throttle body and plenum on a custom fabricated
manifold. I'm just a little stuck with what ECU i should use.

I'll be using a fairly lumpy cam, so I need to use MAF. I have a TPS  which
'came with' the ford throttle body (bosch), but i'm not afraid to change it
;) The injectors i have are standard XF ford injectors.

Will 3.8L holden injectors flow enough for a 4.3L?
Will the 1227730 work with ford injectors?
which models use MAF as opposed to MAP?

The ecu i found on the "FAQ" page was:

6 cyl Port injected
1227730 Hack Distributor

Where can I source one of these? (I'll be shopping around at the wreckers)
In "commodore" terms, which models can i find them in?
Is re-programming one of these ECU's hard?

I know it's a real flood of questions, but i need to know! :)

Thanks.

-----------prevoious messages from DIY-EFI----------------
Hi Wes,
Shannen's right - use the 1227808 - buy a V6 Holden setup
and see how you could put on the injectors in the existing
Hemi manifold. The software I'm working on right now although
there exists enough stuff to get it going and even tune it.
Dan Collins from the GMECM list is also doing this stuff.
TTYL, Peter GARGANO

PS.  (I've been away from my email, otherwise
I'd have contacted you sooner - where are you located? I'm in
Canberra)

Shannen Durphey wrote:

Hmm..  how 'bout the latest version of the GM/Holden 1227808 ecm?  I can't
give you lots of details as to the applications it was used with in
Australia, but it can be configured for 4, 6, or 8 cylinder engines, it
can be used with pfi, and it's configured with MAP over there or MAF over
here.  If you've seen or heard anyone mention the 165 ecm, that's the
808's US cousin.  Adapting GM tps, cts, knock, O2, and other sensors are
up to you. The more you use, the better the final system will be.  I know
there's some Aussies on the gmecm list, they might have better info.

Shannen
Wes Branchflower wrote:
I'm in Australia.
think I need to use a MAF system, because i'll be using a hot cam.