Supercharged holden commodore ecu and other fun topics

Zak - Andrew Wakeling zakariski at optushome.com.au
Tue Jan 30 11:56:56 GMT 2001

Hey Daniel,

I'm just a little confused... What do you mean when you said that you
remapped one of these using the 808? I'm not exactly sure what you mean.
How did you configure a supercharged car with a 1 bar map sensor? I
thought it doesn't matter how you treat the internal maps in a
program... the ECM doesn't know what the hell is going on in the boost
stages of the car (thus why we use 2 bar map sensors). Did you alter the
manifold vac so that it had a reduction factor or something? hmm.. I'm
rather confused.

Isn't this bodgy? I've heard of a company in Oz who were using 1 Bar map
sensors on supercharging applications... Its was rather funny (or should
I say ashame???), because they just sorta set VE tables to 100% near
atmos MAP, and of course as the supercharger started to spin up, it just
got leaner... and BOOOM.. no more engine!

Also, just to note, turbos aren't really much different from
superchargers as far as computer applications are concerned... IMHO. I
find that the positive displacement superchargers just tend to boot in
very quickly, so many cars need significant mods to acceleration fuel,
but apart from that... the mapping principal is relatively the same.

Ah well, just my two cents worth. Hope everythings going well for the
rest of you guys!
Just for interest sakes, I'll be doing a lot of work on the 808/165
computers & code!

Cheers,
Andrew Wakeling
zakariski at optushome.com.au