Supercharged holden commodore ecu and other fun topics

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Jan 30 23:14:47 GMT 2001

I'd heard at one time they used a much large timing and VE table, but have
never seen a bin..  The 808 code leaves the prom so empty, you could patch
alot of stuff in there.   There is no lacking for room.
The only down side to the 808 stuff, least for me is nothinng to diagnose
them with other then the Holden Diacom and that is so limited, and slow.
We got the 808, which is really simple (to much so diag wise), then the 6E
MAF which has the diagnostics, but uses a MAF.

I'm not down on MAFs,  but lately have found out how to cure their downsides
on at least the GNs, which is much different then the N/A stuff
Bruce

> Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. ok i was reading the kalmaker info and it said
> theres something like another fuel and spark map when its set up for a 2
bar
> map sensor... is this bullshit on the part of kalmaker?... this is what i
> read of a website that sells kalmaker....
>
> "If you wish to work with supercharged or turbocharged engines you will
need
> the 2 bar upgrade.                     The 2 bar upgrade consists of
another
> disc and manual. The disc contains a completely new program with several
> extra features required for blown engines such as water injection control,
> waste gate control, inlet air temp/main advance control, an extra closed
> throttle fuel map, to name a few "
>

> Someone please clarify this !!!!
>
> Regards,
>     Allan Langford