Turbo Project update. The good, bad and ugly.

Jon Fedock Galadar at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jan 31 03:21:50 GMT 2001

Hello Group,
     Just an update on my progress to date with my turbo project. Background
info: 350 chevy motor out of '74 van, two T3 turbos, TPI intake, Syty
software running on 730, intercoolers added two weeks ago.

The Good: 15 psi of boost is VERY good :) :) :)
The Bad: Gas mileage SUCKS in boost! Hooking up is impossible -
no,IMPOSSIBLE.
The Ugly: This weekend the fuel pump went south during a spirited 15psi
jaunt :( I don't yet know if the pistons are hurt. I don't think so, but I
will not know for sure 'till I replace the pump and drive it.

My question (of many): What is the relevance of "knock counts?" I guess a
better question would be how many knock counts are associated with terminal
damage? A view of the scan tool showed 6-8 knock counts three seperate times
total time about 2 seconds. Under normal circumstances its at 0. Any
speculation appreciated.

Jon Fedock
www.geocities.com/JonFedock <------Hmmm, need to update.