Turbo Project update. The good, bad and ugly.

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Jan 31 03:48:33 GMT 2001

Welcome to the Turbo world.
Yes, when making lots of HP you use lots of Fuel.  Some are worse then
others but any serious HP means serious Fuel.  I about ignore Knock Counts,
and Spark retard, as a one source piece of info..  If I see any signs of
detonation, then I'll first look at some datalogging, or if doing an intial
cal, then there is lots of data logging, and looking at plugs.  I spent the
first 2 months of running with a *known* setup without tipping into more
then 5 PSI, while sorting mine out.  Tuning with a Turbo, at least for me is
a very slow process.   Too easy to miss something.
   As a precaution I have a spark retard limit of 30 degrees, just so if it
does happen for some unforseen reason there is lots of room for cancelling
it.
   Just as I see it
Bruce

>      Just an update on my progress to date with my turbo project.
Background