cleaning an intake

ae2598 at wayne.edu ae2598 at wayne.edu
Tue Jul 10 12:33:46 GMT 2001

You might try muriatic acid.  The usual precautions for dealing with a
strong acid apply, of course.  It is cheap and easily available, and does
a pretty good job of taking ugly stuff down to bare metal.  I've cleaned
headers, CI intake manifolds, valve covers, etc. this way.  Just don't
attempt to clean aluminum this way!