cleaning an intake

ae2598 at wayne.edu ae2598 at wayne.edu
Tue Jul 10 18:39:40 GMT 2001

Well, as fas as acids and bases, they're water soluble.  Heck, muriatic
acid is used to adjust the pH in pools!  I just hose the driveway down
real good after I'm done.  As a bonus, muriatic acid is also good for
degreasing cement!

Petrochemicals like gasoline, kerosene, etc. are a little more difficult
to dispose of.  You can't just wash them down into a storm drain, or dump
them behind the garage where the grass doesn't grow :)  I usually get rid
of petro-based solvents along with waste oil, at the local recycling
center.