GM injector GM 5235279*RPD

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Mon Jul 30 23:46:42 GMT 2001

In a message dated 7/30/2001 5:13:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
RRauscher at nni.com writes:

<< Most likely because the hacs were not yet available. Folks  actually
 set up flow benches to test the flow rates. Being that GM specs the TBI
 regulator pressure at 9 to 13 psi, testing at 9 psi would yield different
 results then testing at 13 psi. Other problems abound also. I found
 evaporation to be quite a problem when flow testing.

 BobR. >>

Wouldn't using what GM uses in the BPC calculation in the normal course of
things be more appropriate than a flow test? As I stated before, I have found
these #/hr numbers from back calculations from stock BPC values in known
ECM/injector combos:

4.3 - 45.93
green/white 5.0 - 48.98
orange/black 5.7 - 61.22
5.7 police - 68.3

I have derived that brown/white injectors flow about 74#/hr by comparing them
to known orange/black injectors in the same vehicle.

JW