New L88?

Hector hecyeah at prodigy.net
Tue Jun 19 01:43:19 GMT 2001

Take a look at this:
http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/2000nationals/results/stock.html

It may have lots of sponsorship behind it but all you win is a trophy. About
as close as you can get to grass roots and still be noticed. The SS class,
the fastest stock class, was won by a pushrod engine. In the top 10, only
one car had OHC and 2 others had pushrods. The rest didn't have cams,
pistons, valves, etc. Maybe the only real "high tech" engine is the Wankel.
After all, OHC have been around for a long time and isn't considered "hi
tech" by many folks. I'm not even going to try to say which is better
because I don't know and I don't care. OHC, OHV, or Wankel aren't better
than any other, just different. Any will work, but I'll buy what I can
afford. At the moment, I autocross my wifes' 95 Z28. Pushrods and all.

BTW, I thought this was the GM ECM list? Highly opinionated for my second
post, aren't I.

Hector
http://soflaspeed.freeservers.com