Code 32 on 165

Barry C. Forrest embarry at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 22 16:53:26 GMT 2001

"Marteney, Steven J." wrote:

> Thanks Lyndon.  I just received the fax.  Much better than my Chilton BS,
> obviously.  Is there any way you could send me any kind of EVAP canister
> troubleshooting chart, too?  I'm starting to figure that out via logic and
> mostly list help, but still struggling.

Steven,

I'm have a 1228746 ECM (F body TBI) and I've run into a few quirky
things like this.  My first code (which I can't remember) said I had a
bad O2 sensor.  Checked it and replaced.  no more codes.  then outta the
blue I get a code very much like your scenario.  no code unless I drive
for say 5 minutes from a cold start (like in AM).  if I shut it down and
restart. code gone.  code was for a rich condition and points to the
EVAP can.  Solenoid checks out good and I put a new filter in the purge
can.  Still get a code every so often but no regularly.  I even got in
the habit of driving with my scan tool connect so I could snap a scan of
the conditions if it happened.

I dunno?  Ideas anyone?

> Very sorry to here about your nephew.  All I can offer is my prayers.  I
> don't even know what to say.  Really makes the "embarrassing GM engineering"
> arguments petty, and everything else we do.  Life means so much.

life each day as your last.

--
Best regards,

Barry C. Forrest