165 MAF computer

Greg Westphal gcwestph at erols.com
Sat Jun 30 19:16:03 GMT 2001

OneSS2NV at aol.com wrote:

>    FWIW, I've seen just about 180 gps out of my '87 TPI 305.  The motor is a
> stock bottom end, with a Crane 2031 Compucam and World Products Torquer 305
> heads.  Also using 19 lb. SVO injectors.

Sounds about right for a warmed-up 305. :)

> << My best time at the track last fall was 14.86 @ 91.0 mph >>
>
>    Sounds good!  Is your F-car stick or auto?  Best I ran last year with a
> slipping tranny and no posi was a 15.3 @ 90 mph.  I'm hoping for mid-high 14s
> at the Englishtown EFI Shootout now that all is well.

Automatic with a HD rebuild and 2400 stall converter, plus 3.42 gears
and a HD Torsen diff. :-)  I know it had more in it through tuning, but
something got hurt internally between last fall and this spring, so I'll
be tearing it down on the engine stand soon to find out what happened.
Poor engine was never opened up (even intake manifold or valve covers)
for 131k miles...

>        SSeeya,
>          Steve Ragusa
>   '85 Monte SS w/'87 165 TPI