Was: lightning strikes my '85 vette! Now: What can happen?

pat ford pford at sofcom.com
Fri Jun 1 01:34:06 GMT 2001

 When I first read this I thought what the hell, an engine?? but it makes sense give the huge ground  loops that could be formed and huge voltage differences across something as simple as the driveshaft. so the wheel bearings might have been arced, the diff bearing, .... huge list of different bearing all of which would have been at different potentials. BIG job indeed.
 BTW I'm driving a softtop  sidekick and last summer there was a close strike when I was driving. scared the cr#p out of me, good job not locking the brakes and crashing after that.
 Sunday there was a hail storm here, should have seen the hail using the top as a trampoline